The quality of printing depends on the type of paper used in the device. To ensure the best print quality for the selected setting always sets the Paper Type to match the type of paper. You can use plain paper, inkjet paper (coated paper), transparencies, glossy paper and envelopes. Before buying large quantities of paper and we recommend testing various types. Also, you can get more information, if you will contact with the Brother printer tech support. But for best results, use paper Brother:
- When you print on inkjet paper (coated paper), photo paper and also transparencies , be sure to select the correct media in the tab Basic (General) of the printer driver or in the Paper Type setting of the menu;
- When you print on Brother Photo paper, first load the paper tray, instruction sheet included with, and put the photo paper on this sheet;
- When you use transparencies or photo paper, each copy immediately removes to prevent smudging or paper jams;
- Do not touch the surface of the freshly printed, it may not be completely dry and may stain your fingers.
Do not use the following paper types:
- Damaged, curled paper or irregularly shaped;
- Very shiny paper that is highly textured;
- Paper that has already been printed on the printer;
- Paper made from short fibers.
Store paper in its original sealed packaging. The paper should stored flat and away from moisture, direct sunlight and high temperatures. Side of the paper, which was coated, shiny. And also, avoid touching the shiny (coated). Load photo paper with the shiny side facing down. Do not touch any of the sides of transparencies, because they easily absorb water and perspiration, which can cause poor print quality. Transparencies designed for laser printers / copiers may be on your next document. And you should use only transparencies recommended for inkjet printers.
How to load paper in the printer tray
First, you should pull the paper tray completely out of the machine. Lift the output tray. Then press and slide the paper side guides and the upper stop in the correct position for the paper size. Check the paper to avoid paper jams and misfeeds. And you should gently put the paper into the paper tray print side down and top edge first. Make sure the paper lies flat in the tray. Using both hands, slide the side guides to the paper size. Check that the side guides touch the sides of paper package. Then, close the output tray and slowly push the paper tray completely into the machine. And holding the tray, pull out support until it clicks and unfold the paper support flap.
We hope, you found interesting and useful, information, which we provided in this article. But if you need more details, you should contact with the online Brother printer tech support, or search on the Web about online printer support.