Linksys Connect or Cisco connect is a software that will help you to configure your Linksys router safely. It will help you to install your router and provide access to Security settings, parental controls and other advanced settings, which will secure your router as well as the wireless network.
Before initiating the setup process, make sure that you are getting an active internet connection from your modem. You can check this after connecting your computer/laptop directly with your modem and browse and website. If it does not open, then contact your ISP for the same.
Following are the steps through which you can install your Linksys router. For any help from experts, you can freely call a reliable Linksys support.
- Get your Linksys Connect setup CD and put it in your computer’s CD drive. Click on Setup your Linksys router. This will start the setup process automatically.
- Read the license terms and other information and select it. You can also set your desired language and click on Next.
- In the next Windows, you will see that the setup process has already been started. Let it complete properly.
- In the next window, a Windows will show an auto-generated SSID name and password. Change it to something else for better security. Click on Next.
- The Windows will again show you the setup window that depicts the installation progress.
- Wait for the completion message and click on OK.
- The next Windows will show you some settings of your Linksys router like computer and devices, parental control, guest access and router settings. You can click on any one of them to do the respective job.