Windows 8 is the latest operating system offered by Microsoft. With unique and advanced features, installing any new printer in your system is really easy. But many users find it difficult to install printer due to slightly difficult user interface. In such situations, you can contact Windows 8 Support Company for expert assistance
On “Print Sharing” Window, select whether you want to share this printer or not. Click on Next; Finish to complete the installation of drivers.
As per the support page of Window 8, it is intelligent enough to find your printer and install it automatically. But there are times when your computer is not able to find the printer connected. In such cases, you need to install them manually. Here are the steps to install your printer on a Windows 8.
Steps to install your printer:
It is said that a new printer gets recognized easily in your Windows 8 and automatically. But this does not happen every time. If you have the printer installation disc with you. The installing process becomes easy. Once the CD is loaded, it will guide you through the steps to install your printer.
In case the CD is not available or your new printer does not come with a software disc, then you need to set it up manually.
- To start the installation process, first you need to connect your printer to your system or to your router, in case of a network printer.
- On your Windows 8 desktop, open Control Panel. If you are using a mouse, you can right click on the bottom left corner and select Control Panel on the pop-up menu. In case of a keyboard, press Windows+I, scroll to Control Panel and Enter. If you are using touch screen pad, you need to slide your finger from the desktop’s right edge and tap into Settings where you will find ‘Control Panel’ option.
- There you will find ‘Devices and Printers’ option. This option will showcase the status of your printer. In case your printer is already plugged in, it will be shown in this Windows.
- If your printer is not shown in the list, then you need to click on ‘Add Printer’ option. The Window will start scanning for any installed printer. Again check that your printer is properly attached to your computer. If your printer gets recognized, then it will be followed by installation steps that you have to follow.
- Even after the Windows scan does not show your printer, you will see an option “The printer I want isn’t listed” on the bottom of that window. Click on that. You will be directed to “Find a Printer.” Now you can search your printer by name, IP address, Bluetooth or through network. If after this the printer is not listed, then you need to contact a printer support company.
Installing Printer Drivers:
Whenever a printer is installed in the Windows 8, its drivers also get installed automatically with it. In rare cases, the user is required to install the printer drivers via software disc or manually. Since, “Add Hardware” option is not available in Windows 8; you need to follow these steps for proper installation of drivers.
Log on to your Windows from administrator account. Right click on Computer icon and click on Manage option.
You can also press Windows+R to start the Run command. Type COMPMGMT.MSC and press Enter.
On the left pane, click on Device Manager and on the right pane; right click on the name of your computer. Click on “Add Legacy Hardware” option from the given menu. Click Next.
Select “Install the Hardware” from the list. Click on next to continue. From the list, click on Printer and select next.
Choose the printer port and check on default and click on Next button. Choose the appropriate model name and number of your printer in the right pane and click on Next to continue.